Take advantage of your outdoor living space and create something cozy and enjoyable. For some homeowners, an outdoor space is nothing more than a few square feet of balcony space, but for those fortunate enough to have an entire yard, the opportunities are practically unlimited.
And with so many people antsy to entertain again, creating a cozy backyard retreat with modern patio furniture accessories to host friends and family is the perfect way to accomplish that.
Creative Living is your one-stop shop for everything outdoor furniture. Our outdoor kitchen designs, patio dining sets, fire pit options, modern outdoor fountains, planters, outdoor art, and other outdoor patio furniture can turn your backyard into an oasis that will be the envy of your neighbors.
Whether you’re looking to entertain every weekend or design your own state-of-the-art escape sanctuary, Creative Living has all the tools you need to transform your dream backyard into exactly what you’re looking for.
Here are some helpful ideas for creating your very own backyard retreat
In designing your own backyard retreat, there are several different options when turning your backyard into a bona fide relaxation station. Using these elements will provide a more natural peace for your solo getaways, hosted game-day parties, outside family dinners, or whatever else you choose to use your new space for.
- Water Element– Flowing water has a calming effect – which is why outdoor fountains have existed within gardens and sacred spaces for centuries. A small tabletop fountain, a large three tier fountain, or just a soothing bubbler can help transform your backyard into a relaxing oasis. Even a simple bird bath can give your backyard that special edge, and will attract some birds and critters to make your home feel more natural. You’ll be surprised at how many different fountain options are on the market today. View our list of different modern fountain selections here.
- Fire element– Backyard fire pits are one of the most popular of all landscaping features. Adding a fire pit will extend the enjoyment of your backyard for you and your guests. Make sure you understand the local laws and regulations about fire pits in your area before lighting up (propane and natural gas only). Check your city or county’s current fire laws and ordinances before implementing a fire pit in your backyard.
- Flowers and Shrubs– Adding flowers and shrubs will bring any yard to life. A few strategically placed shrubs, flower beds and herb gardens can help turn your outdoor area into a lively space perfect for romantic moments or parties with friends and family. In taking a sustainable approach, only target native plants to Colorado and be weary of invasive plants that could potentially harm your yard or other plants. This will save you from saving a damaged yard in the future and give you peace-of-mind about a healthy yard.
Adding more plantlife to your yard will provide fresher air, lower the temperature during the summer and promote sustainable wildlife to thrive in your backyard.
- Outdoor Seating– Invest in cozy outdoor chairs, chaise lounges, porch swings, and benches with plenty of washable cushioning. Create an area for an intimate breakfast or an afternoon glass of wine. Though coffee tables are generally considered to be indoor furniture items, consider an outdoor coffee table that will bring you outside to start your day in the most natural way possible. Wake up slowly in the relaxing comfort of your own backyard retreat to embrace and promote more outdoor living.
- Garden Décor & Outdoor Art– Give your backyard even more personality by selecting a few garden statues, a piece of custom outdoor art or even a custom trellis for your beautiful clematis to grow. Just like your interior space, your backyard should reflect your own individual style. There’s more that you can do than add simple patio umbrellas, conversation sets, rocking chairs or lounge chairs.
Sustainable practices for having a healthy yard
At Creative Living, we believe in a sustainable-first approach to decorating any yard or outdoor space. It’s important to make sure your outdoor furniture or patio furniture doesn’t affect the natural environment of your backyard. Just because you introduce new elements to your space, your backyard’s natural ecosystem doesn’t need to take a hit.
Below are some simple examples of ways to make your home more environmentally-friendly, while also creating a beautiful, relaxing oasis:
- Plant a Tree or Shrubs: Trees create mini ecosystems and add moisture in the air, reduce carbon dioxide, and provide a healthy environment for plants and animals to thrive. Trees can provide shade that will help with a sun-scorched yard. Make sure to choose strong, sustainable soil options to cultivate a healthy living environment for your plants. This will provide a peace-of-mind aspect while eating at your outdoor dining table.
- Build a Rain Garden: A garden of native shrubs, perennials, and flowers in a small depression or slope, a rain garden can help you collect water and limit waste from runoff. Your plants will thank you. Compared to a conventional lawn, rain gardens allow for 30 percent more water to soak into the ground. It can also limit pollutants spread by rain runoff. The more plants you have that can hold water, the healthier your yard will be.
- Consider A Compost Bin: Composed of organic matter like old fruits and vegetables, wood chippings, or coffee grounds, a compost bin allows you to save food waste and give it back to your yard. This will fertilize and improve the quality of the soil in your yard, add more nutrients to it, and improve its moisture-carrying capacity.
When looking to improve your outdoor patio sets, choose Creative Living. We’re your go-to pros for patio furniture and incorporating natural elements to your outdoor space, outdoor dining area, or innovative and sustainable patio furniture to compliment your home.
You don’t need to leave your home to chase the relaxation and comfort you’ve been looking for. Providing some more love and care to your backyard by using Creative Living’s exclusive options in creating your personalized outdoor oasis.