The night air is crisp, stars above shine brilliantly, and the warmth of a fire glows before you. This picturesque scene is one of the many reasons homeowners everywhere are investing in outdoor fire pits. But just like any other aspect of home design, fire pits come with their own set of trends and innovations. In this blog, we dive deep into the world of outdoor fire pits, uncovering why they’re becoming an essential component for an outdoor space and sharing the hottest trends this year.
What You Need To Know About Outdoor Fire Pits
An outdoor fire pit isn’t just about the fire; it’s a focal point, a gathering space, and often a conversation starter. They come in various shapes, sizes, and materials, from traditional wood-burning styles to sleek and modern gas-powered designs. While location, safety precautions, and fuel type are primary considerations, aesthetics and functionality play a pivotal role in choosing the right fire pit for your space.
Why Fire Pits Are Essential to Any Outdoor Space
Fire pits act as a magnet for gatherings, encouraging family and friends to come together, share stories, and create memories. There’s just something about the soft glow of a fire pit that instantly elevates the space, enhancing everything from a conversation between family and friends to the quiet reading of a book.
Modern fire pits don’t just set the mood but are attractive pieces of art in their own right, acting as a centerpiece for an outdoor space. Many of the trendiest fire pits are minimalist art pieces with a striking look made with few materials. Fire pits made entirely of concrete or steel, which are becoming increasingly sought-after, are good examples. Alternatively, there are fire pits with a more contemporary and abstract look, like this cone fire pit, that stretch the meaning of what a fire pit is. Aside from keeping you warm, pieces like this are useful conversation starters.
Aesthetics, while important, are second to function. A fire pit, whether it’s a concrete fire pit or a fire bowl, is, first and foremost, a heat source for those chilly evenings, allowing you to use your outdoor space year-round. Additionally, convenience is key when it comes to purchasing a new fire pit. You want a fire pit that can turn on almost instantly and requires little maintenance. Propane and natural gas-powered fire pits both fit the bill, though the latter is more convenient as it hooks directly into a natural gas line to ensure you always have a working fire pit.
Five Outdoor Fire Pit Trends:
- Fire Bowls: Somewhere between a coffee table and a fire pit, fire bowls are one of the latest fire pit trends. The distinct shape and wide surface area offered by fire bowls ensure your outdoor space is stylish and warm.
- Multi-functional Fire Pits: Why just have a fire pit when it can double up as a table or a grill? Designs now come with covers that convert the pit into usable table space or grill grates for barbecues. This is especially useful for smaller backyards with limited space.
- Geometric Designs: Think beyond the classic round or square. Hexagons, octagons, and irregular shapes are making waves in the fire pit design space. Modern fire pits are as aesthetically pleasing as they are functional.
- Portable Heater Stands: In addition to fire pits, products like Bromic portable heaters are designed to keep you warm outdoors. These products, which have a sleek design, blend into any outdoor setting and are plenty powerful to keep you warm on a cold night.
- Mounted Heaters: Bromic’s wall or ceiling-mounted heaters are a worthwhile choice for outdoor structures. They can provide warmth from an elevated place that keeps them out of sight.
Ways To Enhance Your Outdoor Fire Pit
The fire pit is the centerpiece, the anchor, of any outdoor space. While it sets the tone for the rest of your outdoor decor, other factors, such as furniture, landscaping, and lighting play a role, too. To enhance your outdoor fire pit, you can do the following:
Accessorize: Think fire glass, ornamental stones, or ceramic logs to elevate the pit’s aesthetics.
Safety first: Invest in a quality fire pit screen or guard to prevent sparks and embers from flying out.
Landscaping: Surround your fire pit with complementing plants, shrubs, or even water features for a more immersive experience.
Lighting: Add ambient lighting around the fire pit area, using fairy lights, lanterns, or solar-powered garden lights.
Comfort: Throw in some comfortable cushions, blankets, and outdoor rugs to make the seating area more inviting.
Creative Living — Your Denver Fire Pit Experts
As outdoor living spaces continue to evolve, the timeless allure of a fire remains central to our experiences. Fire pits, whether powered by wood, natural gas, or bio-ethanol, are a must-have for any outdoor space. With a fire pit, a cold night is no longer an inconvenience; a conversation is no longer boring. From bio-ethanol and smart fire pits to ones that look like abstract sculptures, there is no shortage of fire pits to choose from.
Creative Living, a provider of modern outdoor decor in Denver, offers high-end, luxury fire pits that can imbue any outdoor space with an air of sophistication. Whether you pick a fire bowl or have a flair for unique design, Creative Living has the fire pit right for you. Visit our showroom, located in Denver, or schedule a design consultation today.